Tuesday, March 06, 2007

BOM: The Results/Reader Reaction


3 of 15 people found the following review helpful:

The Worst Book I've Ever Read, February 27, 2004
Reviewer: A reader
This book started out good, but later on it becomes boring and unrealistic in everything except the emotions. I bought this book thinking it would be an interesting read but I was severly disapointed. The plot skips around a lot and the main character goes through some "interesting" fazes. (Kicking her husband out for not agreeing about cloneing, etc.) I would never recomend this book to ANYONE (strangers and enemies included).


I'm so thankful for the above review . . . because with it I won first place in a "bad review" contest. (My prize was a bar of bittersweet chocolate.)

And there's the other side of the coin:

Powerful mix of Christianity and current events, September 25, 2005
Reviewer:Christina Lockstein "book addict" (Oconto Falls, WI USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Hunt is one of the strongest writers of our time, Christian or otherwise. Her characterizations are never lazy or weak and her descriptions are deeply moving. The story of Diana seeking her son is extremely relevant in today's political climate. Hunt does a terrific job of researching her subject matter and giving strong debate on both sides. Diana's descent was a little creepy at times, but that's deliberate on Hunt's part. Sometimes we can be equally as guilty of insisting on our way instead of the Lord's way in things. I bawled through the first seventy pages of this book, and spent the rest of it thinking and thanking God for what I have.

(God bless you, Christina.)

Tomorrow: Questions and Answers. Have any? Ask away!

~~Angie

1 comment:

Kari said...

The book absolutley made me think about cloning etc and even bringing someone back from the dead. Even though I thought Diana was a hard woman I saw her desperation! We lost a son born too early and it certainly brought back many memories!

Do you ever 2nd guess yourself after the book has been printed or ask yourself what you would have done differently?