Sunday, August 03, 2008

BOM: The Research

Today's unique animal--the frill-necked lizard.  

LOL! Researching "Then Comes Marriage" wasn't all that complicated--in fact, though I can't speak for Bill, at least one of "Heather's" escapades in the story came straight from my experience of Life. Hint: has to do with Christmas and ESPN. I just sat down, opened a vein of experience, and let it flow!

And I have no idea how many of "Kurt's" stories were fictional, though I'd love to think some of them were based in reality. I didn't have the nerve to ask him! :-)

Whew. I am pushing toward the end of my third draft of LET THE DARK COME, the legal thriller I've been working on all summer.  There are still a few pieces missing, so I need to back up and take a fresh look.  I've taken several "breaks" in the writing for trips, etc., and that's made me feel a little . . . disjointed.  So I'll keep at it!  

My book club meets tomorrow night, and this month we're reading REDEEMING LOVE.  I read it many years ago, so last night I picked it up after dinner and finished it again at about 11:30--sobbing like a baby.  I know how that book affects me; I want to see how it affects the other ladies.  :-)

~~Angie

3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

So do you have the shirt "Careful - you might end up in my novel" ?!

Always glad to know you're wrapping up another one! Even though it takes a while to get it through the rest of the process.

Tracy Ruckman said...

Yowza! We have tons of lizards around our house - they're my little buddies - but I've never run into one of those! It's a good thing, too - I might hurt myself trying to get away from it!

SmilingSally said...

Then Comes Marriage is interesting to read with the he said/she said mentally.