Tuesday, December 22, 2009

National WW2 Museum





Yesterday hubby and I walked downtown to the National World War 2 museum, a truly wonderful exhibit. I only wish I was writing (or even had plans to write) something set in that era--the place is a treasure trove of facts and actual examples of things.

I have watched SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, of course, and the series BAND OF BROTHERS (truly wonderful, but not for the kiddies), so I identified with a lot of the men in those photographs. The country seemed so much more unified in those days . . . much like we were after 9/11/2001. I'm afraid that feeling has worn off today, and I'm afraid that it's going to take another attack before we stop squabbling with each other and join again in a common effort.

Anyway (didn't mean to digress), enjoy some of these photos. Have a great week!

~~Angie from New Orleans

2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow - wish we'd known about this when we spent one night in New Orleans this summer. My son and husband would have especially enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

Very cool. I was in New Orleans last year for a business conference and we had our annual dinner on the main floor of that museum. Before dinner we got to go through the exhibits. I have two sons currently on active duty in the Navy (one currently on an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf), and one of my colleagues found me standing off in a corner crying while looking at one of the photographs of sailors during that war, crying. All I could think was, "Every one of those boys was somebody's son."