Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A new book by Gail Martin

Since my hubby and I spent a few days roaming around Monterey a couple of years ago, I'm happy to tell you about my friend Gail's latest book:


MONTEREY MEMORIES - Three novels by Gail Gaymer Martin set in the beautiful Monterey area in the central coast of California. The Barbour anthology includes the novels And Baby Makes Five, Garlic and Rosesand Butterfly Trees.

Walk the streets and countryside of Monterey, California, with three couples who are surprised by love in the midst of their busy lives. Chad helps Felisa when she goes into labor in his lettuce field. Juli meets Alan while volunteering at a soup kitchen. Ross takes an overdue vacation at Alissa’s bed-and-breakfast. Can busy people slow down enough to realize the love God has brought into their lives?

Reviews from AMAZON

Monterey Memories, an anthology, is a must buy. I truly love this book. In each of the three novels, set in the central coast of California, Gail writes of God's love with such ease and weaves His love throughout each story. We see how faith and growth in the Word affects every aspect of the characters lives. Everyday normal people with trials and decisions, which we too, can identify. From trust, or acceptance to forgiveness, each of the story's characters learn to lean on God through their faith. I'm adding this book to my gift list for friends and family. Who wouldn't want to find this warm, engrossing book in their stocking at Christmas? Or simply a gift to share. Reviewer: Carolyn J. Devaney

Gail's Bio:

Multi-award-winning novelist, Gail Gaymer Martin is the author of forty-three novels with three million books in print. Her novels have received seven national awards and was presented the Favorite Heartsong Presents Author Award for 2008. She writes for Steeple Hill, Barbour Publishing, and is the author of Writing the Christian Romance from Writers Digest. www.gailmartin.com.

Purchase the novel is bookstores everywhere or click here:

~~Angie, still mending from the tonsillectomy . . .

4 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I enjoy her books. This looks like another good one.

You response to my comments yesterday made me laugh. Take it easy today. Even if you feel like doing more, your body needs the rest to heal.

Sue said...

I will definitely have to look for this book as my hubby and I are headed to the Monterey Bay area for the weekend while here visiting California. I LOVE this area and so reading this book will be fun to relive some of my own footsteps ;-)

Thanks for the review Angie!

Mocha with Linda said...

Had to pop back in and say it's all your fault that I wandered over to the book section at Wal-Mart and bought this book today. :-)

I also checked and there were a number of Let Darkness Come books in the general fiction area!

Mocha with Linda said...

Actually, it wasn't general fiction, it was the romance section, which I thought was kinda puzzling!