Saturday, July 21, 2012

SPCA and Sixties Fun

Spent the day snapping dogs AND cats at the SPCA, then hubby and I went to a surprise birthday party for some friends of ours who are married and have both turned sixty. Their daughter threw the party based around a sixties theme, so we ate, enjoyed root beer floats, and listened to sixties music.  Fun!

Anyway, here are the doggies and kitties of today.  Still snapping kitties in their cages, which works sometimes and sometimes doesn't.  Hard to get enough light in there if the cage is in a bad position, and I've learned something--cats close their eyes before the flash, resulting in narrow-eyed kitties every time.  Bummer.  Have to come up with a plan for better light, for sure.

Anyway, here they are: the lovely ladies and gents of an SPCA Saturday (and a few mixed in from Thursday):























5 comments:

Chessic said...

Thanks for the pics, Angela. It's been 8 months since the passing of my cat buddy. I've been thinking about adopting another. There are many wonderful animals that need a forever home.

Btw, I love your work. :)

Angela said...

Thank you, Chessic! I'll bet if you went to your animal shelter, a cat there would steal your heart . . .

Blessings to you!

Angie

Cindy W said...

Hi Angela - I love your books! BTW, are you writing The Note 3?
I only find it in DVD on Amazon - This is the first time I've visited
your site, so I may have missed that news.

Also, the pics of the orphans are adorable!! Such expression! We have two rescue cats. We love them dearly. One is a huge beautiful long hair and the other is a hugger - she actually hugs me around my neck when I pick her up. Well, many blessings to you and yours. Cindy W.

Angela said...

Hi, Cindy:

No, I'm not writing The Note 3. I'm pretty sure it's only going to be available as a DVD.

So glad you enjoyed the pictures. I love taking them. :-)

angie

Anonymous said...

Cats certainly have a way of looking at you as if to say, "You interrupted what I was doing to take a picture? Are you kidding me?" Great shots anyway. Clyde