Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Q & A


We had our book club meeting tonight and discussed THE BIRTH OF VENUS. On the whole, we liked it--an average rating of 3 1/2 stars. We loved the active presentation of history and learning about art, but we felt the ending a little bumpy and the tattoo a shade too much like a gimmick. We would recommend the book to mature readers only.

Next month my book club is reading Little Beauties by Kim Addonizio. It's contemporary and looks light, which will be a nice change from this month's book.

Someone asked how many words I write--on a typical day, I average between five and six thousand words per day. I've written seven thousand a day occasionally, and once wrote eleven thousand when I was away from the Internet. (VBG). I do spend a lot of time reading/writing email, so I have to "go under" when time is tight.
My motto is "get it down," so I do write fast and sloppy. But I do at least four drafts before I hand a book in, and the work gets tighter and longer with each draft.

Shalom!

Angie

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hi Angie,
Fun to find you here. I just started a new novel, and guess what? All your help in the fiction clinic in CO and your little story skeleton made plotting so easy and fun--and I'm typing away. Whew! You are one terrific teacher.