Friday, July 20, 2007

I've Been Tagged by Gadget Woman.



B.J. Hoff, a woman after my own heart because she loves gadgets, tagged me with this original meme or whatever you want to call it. I think it's a combination of her love for gadgets AND books. In any case, I'll play:


1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to: Since I'm still in the very rough stage of my WIP, I'll be thrilled to get through it!

2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with? I'd start with the Bible, too, as I do every day. Then I'd read a chapter in my theology book (Norman Geisler, Systematic Theology, Volume 2). Then, I'd finish my book club's BOM, INNOCENT TRAITOR by Allison Weir. Excellent! Then I'd move on to my huge TBR stack . . .

3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)? I had an old manual typewriter when I was learning to type in high school. But when I first got serious about writing, I bought an Apple IIe. LOL! I've come full circle!

4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month? Novels? Three or four--one for my book club, two or three for endorsement. Nonfiction? Probably eight or nine, mostly for research.

5. What's your favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned? My little white Macbook. And my "Fat Boy" gel pen.

6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read? (And if you don't read historical fiction--shame on you.) I like realistic biblical fiction . . . and the Roman era. Really, I like all historical fiction.

7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)? Gone with the Wind and Jane Eyre. Read both of those in sixth grade and simply loved them. Have read both of them many, many times. (Which probably explains why my first novels were historicals and romantic.)

Now, I'm supposed to "tag" someone . . . so if you are reading this and you have a blog, and you've not yet been tagged with BJ's book-n-machine meme, consider yourself "tagged!"

~~Angie

4 comments:

Richard L. Mabry, MD said...

Angie,
Is it fair doing a blanket tag? I thought I had to actually come up with the names of seven people who wouldn't have set their computers to to throw my emails into the Spam folder.
Really enjoyed reading your answer's to BJ's meme. And I'm highly complimented to have been listed by her along with such luminaries as the legendary Angela Hunt.

Anonymous said...

"Gadget Woman," eh? I guess I've been called worse. I should have listed Jane Eyre along with Little Women. I don't remember which I read first, but they both left an indelible impression on me. Jane Eyre is probably my all-time favorite, but I think I was a little older when I read it, as opposed to Little Women.

And I didn't know you started out on a Mac. Very cool.

BJ

Angela said...

You are too funny, Richard. And I don't know if a "blanket tag" is fair or not, but this is the one corner of the world where I can make up the rules . . .

Or at least I hope I can. :-)

Angie

Jill Eileen Smith said...

I'll go along with your "blanket tag," Angie. I decided to play too since I like being tagged now and then.

You can view my answers at www.jilleileensmith.com. I left a blanket tag on my site as well to anyone who wants to play. :)

Enjoyed the game and your answers, Angie.

Blessings,
~Jill