Monday, September 24, 2007

Tamara Alexander's Latest Release



I had the most wonderful time yesterday afternoon--I drove over to Tampa and met with a group of book lovers at the First Christian Church to help them and their librarian, Sandra Jakeway, celebrate their library's sixtieth birthday!

What a great group of people! And I can't forget my new dearest friend Ros, who brought a book club from Lakeland. They had just finished reading "The Note," so I was able to tell them about the upcoming Hallmark movie.

But let me move to the topic of the day. See the cute redhead above? That's my friend Tammy Alexander, and she's as sweet as she looks.

Her bestselling three-book series (Rekindled, Revealed, and Remembered) features a different historical romance in each novel. In the late 1860s, Colorado Territory is a wild and untamed land. Nestled within its mountains and sustained by one of its major creeks, three couples find adventure and love on the frontier. Each person will be called upon to stand on nothing more than faith, risk what is most dear, and turn away from the past in order to follow God's plan for the future.

Links for Fountain Creek Chronicles:
http://www.amazon.com/Rekindled-Revealed-Remembered-Fountain-Chronicles/dp/0764283464

A quick chat with Tamera:

What makes you feel alive?
A fall day when the air is clean and the leaves so crisp and splashed with color that you just have to stop and try to take it all in, which you can’t, of course. And you realize there’s no “reason” why those leaves had to change those colors in order for the plant or tree to go dormant. God did it to show his glory, his artistry. How magnificent.

You would have a hard time in a Florida summer. Everything's green, green, green. How does something worm its way into your heart? Through tears, truth, humor or some other way?
Tears and humor. Used together, they’re a powerful tool!

Where would you most like to travel ----- moon, north pole, deep seas, deserted island, the holy land or back to a place from your childhood, somewhere else? – and why.
I would time travel, does that still fit? Back to the era in which I write and specifically to some points in European history. Especially those in France. And to biblical times, of course. ;)

Suggestion: carry deodorant, toilet paper, and soap when you're time-traveling. Better carry some penicillin, too. What is your favorite word?
Forgiven.

That's so sweet. :-) My favorite word is brouhaha. What word annoys you more than any other?
Can’t.

Super power you’d love to borrow for awhile?
Ability to read minds—as long as no one else could have that super power around me. ;)

Favorite chore?
Vacuuming. It’s a sickness, I know. But I love things neat.

So do I, but I train my men folk to vacuum. Grammatical pet peeve…sound off.
People who don’t like semi-colons. Semi-colons are wonderful; they serve a real purpose in our language and shouldn’t be ostracized from fiction. ;)

I could not agree more; semicolons deserve their day! Which compliment related to your writing has meant the most and why?
This one:
Your book (Rekindled) helped me to begin loving my husband again. Maybe to start loving him to begin with. I’m trying to get rid of the high expectations I’ve held for the past fifteen years because they’ve only led me to disappointment. We’re seeking counseling and are trying to rebuild our marriage. Your writings gave me the courage to take that step, and helped me to know that God could make that happen. Thank you.

If I never write another word or get another reader note about my books, I’ll die a happy woman. ;)

Thanks for dropping by, Tammy! Have a great week, everybody! ~~Angie

1 comment:

Julie Carobini said...

NICE interview! I met Tammy at the ACFW conference last week and found her to be so warm and genuine. And beautiful! Made me want to run and touch up my face, lol :) Thanks for the post.