Sunday, January 06, 2008

BOM: Results and reader Reaction

A couple of announcements before we jump into the topic for today: 

First, the second book in the Fairlawn series, SHE ALWAYS WORE RED, is now available for preorder on Amazon.com! 

Second, my pal Allison Bottke has established an online bookclub for "boomer babes"--and if you're a female boomer, that's you!  I'm so honored that her first discussion book is DOESN'T SHE LOOK NATURAL.  If you've read the book, or if you'd like to read along, you can join the discussion here. 

Reader reaction to the Heavenly Daze series depends largely on whether people are able to buy into the premise: could angels be working among us? Those who can accept that usually get into the story and enjoy it. Those who can't, don't. 

But those who can . . . do so with passion.  We established a yahoo group for those who love Heavenly Daze, and that group quickly grew to over 300 members and they're still going strong!  They even meet for annual reunions, and since there have been no new Heavenly Daze books of late, they have branched out into reading (and loving) other authors.  They are a great group of (mostly) women. 

The Heavenly Daze group (we call them "Dazers") have written fan fiction based on the series--they're good writers!  They have also established a "Red Hat Society" chapter for the Dazers, a group which I am now happy to be part of!  (Now that I'm fifty, I can wear a red hat.)  
The Dazers fellowship through email and pray for each other . . . and indulge in a bit of good-natured ribbing on occasion.  If you'd like to join them, send an email to
They'll take good care of you. 

Tomorrow:  have any questions? Leave them in the comments box and Lori and I will try our best to provide answers! 

~~Angie

2 comments:

Holly said...

How do you two write together? Are you in the same place...across the miles? Having read a good bit from both of you, I find myself wondering who is writing what parts. I can't tell at all--quite seamless!

I look forward to reading the next installment. I have just begun reading this series in 2007 and enjoy it very much!
Much love,
Holly

Holly said...

I guess I should have read further down the posts :) Still, I'd like to know more!