Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Learn a New Word and Feed the Hungry


On Marlene Bagnull's web site I discovered a fun distraction--plus, it really helps feed the world's poor (it checks out on Snopes.com).  It's a little vocabulary game, and a sponsor will donate so many grains of rice for every word you get correct. 

I played until I got my score up to 50 and had donated 3,060 grains of rice--doesn't sound like much, does it?  But if we play every day, we'll not only be improving our vocabulary, we'll be helping feed someone else for the day! 


~~Angie

P.S.  My cousin tells me there's a similar site for feeding animals here. Click away! 

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I love it! I've spent a few bored moments here and there playing it. Its not an anonymous donor though - its paid for by the advertisements at the bottom of the screen as you play (although that doesn't mean an anonymous donor doesn't donate too :) )

Anonymous said...

Spent my break from work in here. Fun! Angie, did you see the dictionary work for the day? I'm trying to work that one into writing! Have a great day...back to my day job.
Jackie

Kay Day said...

I like that rice game! I play it and then I forget about it and then someone else puts it on their blog and I play it and forget about it again.

Today in our writers' group some of your latest Nangie students were raving about what a wonderful experience it was!

Anonymous said...

That was waaaaay too much fun. I LOVE words, and I will flag this page for more days to come. Thx, Angie! Clyde