Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kisses from Katie


You may have seen this blog, Kisses from Katie. It is the amazing record of a remarkable young woman who went to Uganda at age 18 and decided to live there . . . and adopt children because Jesus loves them and so does she.

I had an opportunity last week to meet now 22-year-old Katie and her family (in Tennessee, not Uganda), and hold one of her 14 children on my lap. I've also ordered one of the necklaces she and others have trained women to make in order to make money for their families in a way that doesn't involve prostitution.

Take a moment to look at Katie's page, read some of her stories, and ask the Lord what you can do to help feed these beautiful children. If Katie can go LIVE in Uganda, can't we give some of the money we've earned by spending a bit of our time involved in the work the Lord has given us?

When I teach time management, I always stress that your time is your life . . . and we all have a finite amount of it allotted to us. When we give of our money, we are donating the time--the life--it took to earn that amount. And I can think of no other way to love these lovely children than to spend a little of my life on them. That's what Jesus commanded us to do. That's one way we can show that we love them.

~~Angie

3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow. Not other words.

Anonymous said...

You met her?

I hope that means what I think it means.

Anonymous said...

I remember this story and the wonderful work this young woman is doing ... sent a check to Amazima. Was it you who told about her a couple of years ago? Also, ditto what Susan said above!