Tuesday, April 25, 2006

One of those Days


Have you ever had one of those days when you just needed a break? Work is going well, but deep thoughts and prayers left me feeling a little stressed this morning. Then the Lord sent Allison Bottke into town, she called, we went out, and the day looked a lot brighter!

I've met Allison many times at writers' conferences--she's the woman behind the "God Allows U Turns" books, and those books began with her own life story. Allison had a surprise with her today--a hot off the press copy of her first novel, A STITCH IN TIME. I mentioned it on the blog a few weeks ago, and now the book exists in print.

Allison and I drove out to the beach for lunch, then came back to my house to trade writing tips and talk about books, then we drove out to the beach for dinner. In the mean time, she made friends with Charley Gansky, as you can see from the photo. I'm not sure if Charley wants to kiss Allison or eat her book!

Allison and I have decided we are sisters born from different mothers. We both make lists (and if we finish something that wasn't on a list, we PUT it on a list simply so we can have the pleasure of marking it off!), we both keep three different pairs of glasses in our purses, and we both like going to the movies alone. We're very much alike, except that she's an extrovert and I'm an introvert. That's okay--someone has to be the life of the party.

So I didn't get a lot of work done today, but my spirit was refreshed. The Lord knew I needed it, so thanks, Father. Thanks for friends.

~~Angie

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I do the same thing with lists!

I'm glad you were blessed with a friend when you needed her. God is good!