Thursday, October 22, 2009

Seems apt to mention: THE PROPOSAL


In honor of October's being National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I thought it might be fitting to dust off a mention of THE PROPOSAL, first published in October 1996 by Tyndale House.

Here's the scoop:

Two Theo Russells

Two book proposals

One topic some will go to any lengths to keep hidden.

While attending a writers conference in Washington, D.C., Theodora Russell gets a call from an editor who wants to discuss her proposal. During their meeting, however, Theodora discovers that the editor actually wants Theodore Russell and his latest novel. Before she can correct the misunderstanding, Theodora becomes intrigued by the proposal tossed into her lap—a proposal that links breast cancer with first-pregnancy abortions. Determined to do her own treatment of the topic, Theo researches the link—only to wind up running for her life.

This book is currently out of print in the first edition, but it's available in the Kindle edition AND in a back-in-print edition on Amazon.com. I think I've learned a lot about writing thrillers since writing this book, but it does address an important topic: the link between abortion and breast cancer. If you'd like more information on that seldom-discussed connection, check out this web site.

~~Angie

6 comments:

C.J. Darlington said...

I still remember reading this novel, Angela. I enjoyed it! Looking forward to reading how it came about.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I forgot about that book until you mentioned it. I loved it when I read it years ago. Maybe I need to read it again? ;)

Mocha with Linda said...

I actually don't think I've read this one. I'll have to look for it now that there's a back-in-print edition.

Patti G. said...

Wow! I found this in the library at church and realized I'd never read it. I started it last night. So when I'm supposed to be doing something constructive around the house today, I can just say this was too much of a coincedence - so must mean I'm supposed to be reading it. (heehee)

Anonymous said...

this is the first novel i read by you. it's still my very favorite...i'm happy to say i own it!

Deborah said...

Hello! I just came over from Sally's book review, and not being a big fiction reader, I have to confess, I only have your 'Adoption Options' book! Maybe with winter coming, I'll find some time to check out your other books. Nice 'meeting' you!