Friday, October 02, 2009

This Cracked Me Up . . .


From a recent Publisher's Weekly (the publishing industry's trade magazine):

About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him--which I assumed was wildly out of his control--that wanted me dead. And third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he had kissed me.

The above quote contains no typos--yes, it's from NIGHTLIGHT, a Harvard Lampoon spoof of TWILIGHT, a story in which a girl named Belle Goose falls in love with Edwart Mullen. Look for the book in November. :-) Sounds hilarious.

My bookclub also read--and loved--Stephenie Meyer's THE HOST, which has just been optioned by a film company. If any of my book club members are reading this, I feel a girls' night out at the movies coming on! :-)

~~Angie

1 comment:

Sara James said...

a movie of The Host? Squee! May it not be made by the team who is doing the Twilight movies.