Thursday, September 25, 2008

If you love your librarian . . .


I saw something in the Sunday NYT that should be of interest to anyone who uses their local library a lot.  The Carnegie corporation of New York and the New York Times gives the "I Love My LIbrarian Award" to librarians at schools, public, college, community college, or university libraries.  (Sorry, no mention of church or synagogue libraries.) 

Here's the info:  up to ten winners will be selected to receive a $5,000 cash award and plaque, and will be honored at a ceremony and reception in New York at The Times Center, hosted by the New York Times, in December. 

Public librarian nominations are open August 15 and must be received by October 1, 2008.  (So hurry!)  

School, college, community college, and university nominations are open September 2 and must be received by October 15, 2008.  

To nominate a librarian, visit http://www.ilovelibraries.org/ilovemylibrarian.  

~~Angie 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I am headed to nominate my librarian as soon as I leave here. I live in a small town and for the past year Kathy has been hunting down novels, how-to books, Adventures in Odyssey CD's and worship materials for me. I've only stumped her once. And I just went on last night to have her find Doesn't She Look Natural and The Truth Teller.

Lisa said...

I just nominated my librarian!