Thursday, August 20, 2009

More from St. Simons



This post includes a photo of the house we're renting for the week.  It's really lovely, and they're currently building a new house right across the street.  The builder let us walk through it, and it's AMAZING.  (Expensive, though).  Anyway, I keep daydreaming about how wonderful it would be to have a beach house to get away to and write . . . and write and write.  I can drive to this place from my house, so it's doable . . . but I'll have to dream for a while. 

We're heading home on Friday.  I'll take Mom home (she lives on Florida's east coast), then I'll head across the state, dropping my aunt and cousin back along the way.  My son's birthday is today (Happy birthday, son!), so I need to get home and back an overdue birthday cake.  I picked up a southern recipe book that is guaranteed to be wonderful.  Can't wait to make almond pound cake and key lime ice cream. 

The first photo is the St. Simons lighthouse.  I think it's small, as light houses go, but it's quite charming.  

Well, I've been sitting in this coffee shop long enough, so I'd better round up my posse and head back to the house.  It's been a lovely week, but it's always good to come home, isn't it? 

~~Angie 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So with you on daydreaming of a beach house to escape to and write! In So. Cal. the location is quite doable. It's the price that isn't.

Your research digs look delightful. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary Kay

Mocha with Linda said...

I'm back after my own 2 weeks of vacation plus an additional week do to my FIL's death. It felt good to sleep in my own bed last night!

I have always wanted to visit Savannah and St. Simon's Island after reading Eugenia Price's novels years ago. We drove right past them on our vacation but just didn't have time to stop.

Sounds like you've had a wonderful week. And my daughter's birthday is tomorrow!