Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Nola's Meat 'n Three


Tomorrow I'll do the Book of the Month, and I will do the Nicki Holland Mystery series.  We haven't talked about writing middle grade books, and heaven knows I've written enough of 'em.  

I spent all day yesterday going over the galleys for SHE'S IN A BETTER PLACE.  I cried at the ending, can you believe it?  

Today I'm jumping into the third draft of my WIP, which now has a new title:  LET THE DARK COME.  More on that later. 

Shauna, over at Shauna Rumbling, did an interview with me that was kind of fun.  You can read it here. 

Hey, all you Kindle people!  Or future Kindle people!  

(Mom:  the Kindle is Amazon's new electronic reader.  You can download a book in seconds from anywhere, without wires.  A Kindle can hold over 200 books.  No, I don't have one yet but I have ordered one. If you want to see it, click here.)  

When Crossings Book Club first published THE NOTE, back in 2000, they asked me to write a short story to go along with the novel.  So I did.  I came up with a 9,000 word story about Nola Register, who runs a Meat 'n Three (that's a diner, for you non-Southern folks) in New York City. 

I liked Nola and her story a lot.  Nola even made a brief appearance in THE DEBT, if I recall.  

Anyway, the Crossings edition is now out of print.  I wanted Nola's story to be available to a wider market, so I've Kindle-ized it!  If you have a Kindle, you can download Nola's story for only a buck--no, eighty cents.  You can even get a free sample.   Just click here and you'll be all set.  

Happy reading! Tomorrow: the BOM

~~Angie 

6 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

How have I missed that you have books for teens?!? I just clicked over to the rest of your website. My girl's about to turn 13. This will be a great thing to hunt down for her!

Connie said...

YAY! As I was on my way home from work this morning I thought of the Nicki Holland series and thought "Oh! That would be interesting to hear about!" because my 11 year old LOVES that series. But then I thought it was too late and you probably chose something else :)

Anonymous said...

I just received an email at my business address. titled "Expect the Unexpected". No, it's not from Angie but from Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. They are having a series of mystery cruises and this is how they are promoting it. I think it is a little strange that a major cruise line has to "borrow" from our beloved author.

Angela said...

I decided to do Nicki right after Susan suggested it, Connie. In fact, I sat right down and pre-wrote an entire week of blog bits. :-)

And Linda, how fun! I'd love to go on a mystery cruise, even if they did use my tag line. That's okay--I'm sure it applies to many things in life!

On a ship out to sea, though, I think I would prefer to expect the EXPECTED. :-)

Angie

Anonymous said...

Angie, I have a fairly new job as a vacation planner. I would love to book a group cruise for Heavenly Daze and have you and Lori come along. Of course anyone else who enjoys Angie's books would be welcome to come along.

Email me if you are interested.

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of Kindle until you mentioned it recently in a blog. WOW! It sounds fabulous! When my life settles down a bit (after the move) I'm going to look into this gadget. And, a group cruise for Heavenly Daze sounds, well, heavenly! Life is full of blessings. Clyde