Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Just in from the premier

Wow. Saw the NATIVITY STORY movie and loved its elegant simplicity. You won't be disappointed.

You know what? I'm actually glad I didn't see the movie before I wrote the novelization, because I made some radically different choices for some scenes. I think it's nice to have the variety. (I'll explain why I made those choices when we have the BOM discussion.)

And the premier--wow again. Will post lots of pics when I get back into town, but I'm sitting in my Beverly Hills hotel and it's 2 a.m. my time, so I'm going to go to sleep. But I met the director, Catherine Hardwicke, Gary Busey, and got a picture of "Elizabeth" , played by Shohreh Aghdashloo. Said hello to the screenwriter, Mike Rich, and met his lovely wife.

And "Joseph" was there--trust me, he does a fabulous job in the movie. An amazing young actor.

Lots of details and pics when I get home. Stay tuned!

~~Angie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear! You know me and my fascination with Hollywood! And I'm so happy for you!!

Deborah Raney said...

Angie, I can't WAIT to see your pictures!! I'm so excited for you and thrilled that you've had this opportunity. We want every detail!!

P.S. I loved the news story video from your local paper. You gave a great interview!

Ruth said...

I cannot wait to see your pictures, either! This is so exciting, I can't wait to see the film!

W. Mark Whitlock said...

As if Angela didn't have enough reasons to celebrate this week! This news just in via email updates from Publisher's Weekly:

Four novels from Thomas Nelson fiction imprint Westbow Press have been selected for Booklist’s Top Ten Christian Novels of 2006 list, and two are the first two books from a new author. Grace at Low Tide and Adelaide Piper by Beth Webb Hart both made the cut, as did Uncharted by Angela Hunt and The Hidden by Kathryn Mackel. Booklist is the 100-year-old journal published by the American Library Association.

Pamela S. Meyers said...

Angie, you must go to John Kass's column in today's Chicago Tribune about the Nativity ads being banned from the Christmas market in Daley Square. This man has very little use for Mayor Daley and he makes a huge point in this column.
Here's the link. You'll probably have to copy and paste. It might be easier to go to www.chicagotribune.com and then link to the Kass article from there.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0611290105nov29,1,4909398.column?coll=chi-news-hed

Susanne said...

I wish this movie was coming to Canada! So far I haven't heard that it is so we'll probably have to wait for the DVD!

Rachel Hauck said...

Wow, Angie, how exciting! I think the movie looks wonderful. Think I'll see it for my b-day.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Congratulations!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait.

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Can't wait to see the pictures, Angie. What a wonderufl experience for you! I haven't read the book, yet, but I've ordered it. I want to see the movie first, though. I always like the novels better, but it will be an interesting twist to read a book written from the movie.