Wednesday, November 22, 2006

WIP Update


I haven't said much about it, but my WIP this week and last was the nonfiction project I'm doing with Mandisa, the fabulous girl who was a finalist on last season's "American Idol." I met with Mandisa last week in Nashville and was very impressed by her sweet spirit, her talent, and her surrender to the Lord. We are going to be working on her book from now until the end of January, ping-ponging the manuscript back and forth until it's everything it's supposed to be.

But tomorrow I'm taking the day off to hit the grocery store, bake a couple of dishes to take to the family reunion, and to start decorating for Christmas! I've found that it's harder to work up the old Christmas decorating desire once the kids are grown. And time flies so quickly these days, it feels like I just took all the Christmas stuff down! But I since I have to work on Friday, I think I'll snatch the minutes I can to hang some holly and pull out the stockings.

I wish you all a calm, peaceful, and blessed Thanksgiving with your family and friends. Drive safely if you'll be on the road!

~~Angie

1 comment:

Southern-fried Fiction said...

I can't wait to see this book, Angie. I also was very impressed by Mandisa. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!