Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Perfect Purse



So SteinMart was having a sale today, and I had a card for an additional 20 percent off clearance items. (Of course, most of the things I got were not on clearance. Sigh.)

Sigh. Anyway, I got my outfit for the premier--unless I change my mind between now and then. And then, to top it off, I bought the perfect evening purse. See photo. It's tiny and cute and a splash of color on an otherwise all-black outfit, yet it's big enough for a room key, a small brush, lipstick and a camera. What more could a girl need?

What did I get? I definitely tried to remember that less is more. So I found a full skirt rather like the one in the Donna Karan photo below, except there's a little interest at the hem--a strip of velvet, I think. And then I found a sleeveless black top, scoop neck (not low), and quite simple. Then I found a wide leather belt with a LARGE round gold circle clasp. Ta da! Simple. And a black velvet wrap in case it's chilly. I have black lace shoes, I have jewelry, so I think I'm set.

All those sequins were awfully tempting--trust me, the stores are awash with sequins now--but I didn't want to do the sparkly thing. I'll reserve that for the cruise ship. (VBG).

My motto, you know, is "expect the unexpected" so the unexpected element will either be this cute little purse, or maybe a net crinoline under the skirt . . . we'll have to see. Stay tuned!

~~Angie

5 comments:

Connie said...

You MUST post pictures of the big night, you know that, right?

How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Very cute purse!

Susanne said...

Sounds lovely. That purse is adorable!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute purse! You are going to have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Angie, I've been in a wardrobe quandry myself. I'll be traveling to LA next weekend to tape a segment of a TV program and the "thou shalt not" portion of the wardrobe recommendations includes almost every color in my closet.