Friday, November 10, 2006

My favorite children's books . . . and more




Someone just asked me to name my five favorite children's books in two categories. If you're Christmas shopping for a child, you might want to consider these . . . they are wonderful!

Picture books:
Nicholas Cricket by Joyce Maxner (I dare anyone to read this aloud without tapping their toes!)
Weird Parents by Audrey Wood (parents love this one as much as kids)
Joey by Jack Kent (a gentle lesson for moms, too)
Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect by Richard Schneider
Argyle by Barbara Brooks Wallace (why fame isn't all its cracked up to be)

Chapter books:
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
The Incredible Journey by Shelia Burnford
Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell
Ramona Quimby, Age 8, by Beverly Cleary
The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

WIP update: 10,000 words done on the second Fairlawn book, IN LIEU OF FLOWERS. Rough drafting is a matter of sitting down and letting it spin out of you.

I spoke at a meeting of the Florida Writer's Association, St. Pete chapter, last night. What a fun group of folks! I had a great time . . . and hugs to the dad and his daughters who drove all the way from Gainesville! Write on, friends!

~~Angie

1 comment:

Grace Joan said...

Mrs. Hunt,
My sister and I enjoyed meeting you the other night; it was a blessing for us to be able to come with our Daddy to hear you. :-)
Grace and Peace in Him,
Grace
P.S. I just finished "The Debt" and while it wasn't my absolute favorite of your novels, its message was truly challenging to me and my personal walk with Christ.