Friday, September 04, 2009

Why Health Care is Expensive



Worth watching. And passing on.

By the way--the other day when I linked to another blog where a writer was debating whether or not to discuss/avoid discussing controversial topics in public forums, I ran with an argument in favor of discussing said topics.

I want to clearly state that the author of that other blog was not endorsing avoiding discussing controversial topics. My opinions were, as always, my opinions and not meant to reflect on him in any way.

P.S. My newsletter just went out, in a new format. If you didn't receive a copy, drop me a note and I'll email one to you! It features some great recipes!

Have a great weekend!

~~Angie

3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

This absolutely makes me shudder. I don't know which sounds worse - being a patient in such a system, or being a nurse.

Ruthie said...

That's why, if and when the government health care plan is passed, I will be saying goodbye to all of you. I am totally disabled and require constant medical supervision, something that will no longer happen under the new plan. And so I will die...sooner rather than later. Am I afraid? Sort of, but then I am renewed by the Peace of God which goes way beyond human comprehension.

Unknown said...

As a nurse, my concern is both for our healthcare services but also for my job. Ratios of patients to nurses right now are controlled and still tough to manage. I can only imagine what they'll be under government controlled plan. The whole thing makes every nurse I know very nervous. (A lottery for a doctor's visit? Yikes.)Right now, I'm paying six hundred a month for healthcare and that's painful but not as painful of worrying about one of my children getting sick and being put on a six month waiting list to be sseen. No thanks.