Friday, July 28, 2006

On a Clear Day (no, not Striesand)


Life is good. THE NATIVITY STORY is handed in, the house is clean, I'm ahead of schedule. God is good.

Hubby and son are at camp . . . which means Charley Gansky and I have the house to ourselves for a few days. Now, please understand that I love my family . . . but I also LOVE solitude. I feel like I'm on vacation! (even though I'm technically on deadline).

An aside: a group of very special friends sent me a surprise--a huge box of bubble gum! (They know I love it.) And I learned something--you remember those almost-square Bazooka bubble gum pieces we used to chew? The ones you unwrap and then read the cartoon as you chew the gum? Well, now I know how old I am. My bubble gum surprise box held lots of Bazooka gum . . . and sure enough, I unwrapped and found the cartoon inside. But now I can't read it without my glasses! Ah, the joys of aging. Then again, I think my eyes have more reading miles on them than most.

In any case, I wanted to be sure to mention a little known movie that is definitely worth the rent. It's "On a Clear Day", and no, it's not that ditzy reincarnation movie with Barbra Striesand. It's a new English (I think) flick starring Brenda Blythyn (sp?), whom I adore. It's a sort of change-of-life theme, and though the hubby began to watch it with me as an act of charity, he soon got into it--and my hubby isn't the type to "get into" foreign films, if you know what I mean.

In some ways, the movie reminded us of "Waking Ned Devine," which hubby and I also loved. In any case, it's warm and funny and inspirational, and you can't say that about many movies these days. Enjoy!

~~Angie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sent a copy of this to review on my blog and we absolutely loved it. At first we thought it a bit slow, but I think that was due to the fact that we've been binging on Alias reruns for the past six weeks. Once we settled into the pace, we really enjoyed it. Even my hubby who usually doesn't "get" movies like that.

michael snyder said...

Cool, I was wondering what we'd rent tonight. If I can find it, we're in. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Just finished Uncharted last night. What a great book! I loved it-especially the ending! Thanks for yet another great read ;)

Southern-fried Fiction said...

LOL - I love the new Orbit Bubble Mint bubble gum. My husband accuses me of looking like a teenager when I blow bubbles. :o)