Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


CJ Darlington has asked several Christian novelists for memories of their most memorable Valentine's Day.  You can read them here

And here's my story: 
My husband has a boyish sense of humor.  A couple of years ago I woke on Valentine's Day morning to find a single candy heart on my desk--the first place I stagger each morning. I popped it in my mouth and enjoyed it while I was checking my email.  

Upon reaching the kitchen, I found another candy heart on my placemat.  I ate it, too.  And then when I went to the cupboard, I found another one by my vitamin bottle.  You guessed it--I ate it. 

I figured my hubby was Hansel-and-Gretling--leaving me a sweet trail of candy hearts, and somewhere, I'd find the big payoff--the entire bag of candy.  

Imagine my surprise when I opened the trash can and found the rest of the candy hearts, still in their bag, in the trash.  When he came into the kitchen, I pointed at the now-trash-tainted candy and said, "What gives?" 

Turns out that the carefully-selected and strategically placed candy hearts had messages for me . . . messages I couldn't read without my reading glasses.  (He threw the rest in the trash because I am on a perpetual diet.) 

The moral of this story?   When love enters its second decade, it's time to buy candy hearts with large print .  :-) 

Happy Valentine's Day! 

~~Angie 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Love it, love it, love it.

Rhonda said...

This is my first time visiting your blog.

Very funny story. Happy Valentine's Day.

Mocha with Linda said...

That is priceless! Have a happy Valentine's Day!

Kay Day said...

ha ha!
I would do the same thing, even if I could see them.
Cocolate goes in the mouth. You don't READ it! LOL

But that was a very romantic idea. Kudos to him for that.

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Oh, haha. This is a riot!

Soo--didja pull the bag out of the trash?

Angela said...

Since you asked Brandilyn--

That year, I didn't.

This year, I probably would have! (Waning willpower!)

:-)

Angie