Thursday, February 07, 2008

Well, okay! I like cowboys.


Well, I tell you--I haven't read Susie Warren's latest book, TAMING RAFE, but the man on the cover is cute enough to make me buy the book (I have a thing for horses and cowboys--as long as the cowboys are nice to the horses).  

Anyway, here's a bit about Susie's latest novel: 

Book 2 in The Noble Legacy series: Two-time world champion bull rider Rafe Noble had no idea how quickly his world could end. In less than eight seconds, he lost his title, his career, and his best friend-all on the dirt floor of a noisy rodeo arena. Katherine Breckenridge just wants to make a difference by running her mother's charity foundation. But the mysterious disappearance of half a million dollars has forced it to the brink of bankruptcy. Her last chance to save it is the annual fund-raiser, an event that's destroyed by an out-of-control Rafe Noble. 

Desperate to rescue the foundation, Katherine heads to the Noble family ranch to enlist Rafe's help in raising the money he cost her in lost donations. What she doesn't know is that Rafe is broke-in cash and in spirit-and that helping her could end up costing him his life.


If you like that, you can buy the book here.  

And, LOL, Rafe has his own blog!  You can read it here. 

Yee haw!  Enjoy! 

~~Angie 

P.S. A political note:  I keep going back to www.glassbooth.org to check my views and convictions against the records of the current candidates.  I'm convinced that in the primaries I was able to vote my conscience, but in the national election, I may have to vote politically . . . but I do not think we can afford to stay home. I keep thinking of that quote: All that is necessary for evil to prosper is for good men (and women) to do nothing.  

So let's not stay home come next November. 


2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Sounds like she's spent some time in West Texas! Thanks for highlighting this. It sounds really good.

But I gotta get Anika/Kafka O'Connor (and the ones who follow her) out of her dilemma first....

Is there an Angela Hunt 12 Step Program? :-)

Kay Day said...

I like cowboys, too! ;)
And in my new town I see them around a lot. Real cowboys. Hard-working horse wranglers. Whoo Hoo! Nothing like a man who smells like a horse.
Kay - who is very happily married to her computer programmer who smells like microchips. :)