Thursday, May 01, 2008

Book of the Month: She Always Wore Red

On my way home from Glen Eyrie, where we had a marvelous time being with friends old and new.  :-)  Met Clyde for the first time (she's delightful!) and reconnected with Kay, Susan, and many other friends.  Also did the taping yesterday for the DVD edition of THE NOTE, and found it a delightful experience.  I'm not so sure my answers made sense, but it was fun to try and piece them together.

I have many pictures of GE, and I'll try to post some later.  Sitting in the airport at this moment. 

Finally!  It's that time again, and this month we're looking at a hot-off-the-press title, SHE ALWAYS WORE RED, better known as the second book of the Fairlawn series. 

And just in case you were wondering--no, you wouldn't have to read the first book in order for the second book to make sense.  I personally hate cliff-hanger endings, so you'll never find one in any of my series.  This book simply picks up where the first book finished up.  

Here's the official synopsis:

Jennifer Graham—mother, student, and embalmer’s apprentice—could use a friend. She finds one in McLane Larson, a newcomer to Mt. Dora. While McLane’s soldier-husband serves overseas, Jen promises to support McLane, then learns that her tie to this woman goes far deeper than friendship. When a difference of opinion threatens their relationship, Jennifer discovers weaknesses in her own character . . . and a faith far stronger than she had imagined.

“Be prepared to shed a few tears in Hunt’s emotionally gripping tale, the second in the Fairlawn series. With themes of family, friendship, and trusting God, the plot is enhanced by realistic and engaging characters. Jennifer’s growth as a character is evident, and the supporting cast enhances the story in a significant way.”--Melissa Parcels, Romantic Times book reviewer

Tomorrow: how the idea germinated. 

~~Angie

5 comments:

Kay Day said...

You made up for lost blogtime!
I already miss everyone, in fact, I think I dreamed that my family moved in with you! LOL

Mocha with Linda said...

Missed your blog this week but looks and sounds like you had a great time at your conference.

Looking forward to more of this BOM. Although it's a bit tantalizing...like dangling a carrot that keeps moving farther away! :-)

Lisa said...

Oh my, I must read this book immediately! Recently a very good friend and I have had a difference of opinion, and as I've prayed about it, I was shown the areas where I was contributing to the friction. I can't wait to see how it works out in the book. I'm a parable person, and always learn my lessons best when they are in the form of a story.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

(I am new to your blog and found it through Mocha with Linda))

Just the photo on the cover makes me want to read this book. I love wearing red. But the description sounds lovely. I use to live near Mt. Dora, so even more enticing.

ElizabethMThompson said...

I'm so excited! Amazon.com just sent me an email letting me know that my copy is on its way and will arrive by the 6th!

Looking forward to another great book : )