Saturday, May 30, 2009

Meet SUSIE!


If you're the parent of a preteen or teenage girl, you may have discovered BRIO magazine, published by Focus on the Family and edited by Susie Shellenberger.

I'm sorry to say that I've just heard that Focus has shut down operations of its youth programs, including BRIO magazine. This makes me sad, because I cut my teeth writing for Brio and other magazines. In fact, I first met my dear friend Nancy Rue at a "Brio Brainstorming Blowout" held in Susie's house. :-) That was so many years ago, I'm not even going to count.

BUT--as sad as that news is, the good news is that Susie has started a new magazine called, aptly enough, "SUSIE!" You can see what it's all about on the webpage right here. So if you have a teenage or preteen daughter, sign her up for a subscription right away. It's a wonderful alternative to the other magazines out there . . . have you skimmed any of them lately?

Last night I read the June issue from cover to cover. It's wonderful.

Congratulations, Susie! May your new work prosper!

~~Angie

4 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Thanks for this info. My daughter has been really disappointed that her Brio subscription disappeared.

Unknown said...

Glad to see that Susie is going to keep a similar magazine out there. I hate to see that Brio is no more....I so looked forward to getting it in the mail when I was a teenager. :o(

Susan Rowe said...

My daughter is receiving the magazine already and we both love it! Thanks for posting this blog entry to get the word out!

Mocha with Linda said...

Thanks for reposting this. I'd forgotten about it in all the end-of-school craziness! I stopped and subscribed right now!