Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Checking in from Glen Eyrie


We're having a lovely time with over sixty writers at the Glen Eyrie workshop in Colorado Springs. I would send you pictures, but MY DSLR CAMERA WAS STOLEN OUT OF MY SUITCASE AT THE AIRPORT.

There. I'm over it. Truly I am. :-/

Anyway, I have done some research and discovered that none of the airlines will take responsibility for any camera or computer equipment or jewelry (or anything else of value) that's placed in a suitcase and checked. So, travelers beware. (Which makes me wonder what they WILL be responsible for--undies?)

I found one story of a man who found his stolen-from the suitcase camera on ebay. He contacted the buyer, confirmed the serial number, bought it back from the man, and then took the return address on the seller's package and turned it over to the police. :-) Gotta love that layman's cleverness.

Well, time to get cracking. Have a lovely day!

~~Angie

1 comment:

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow - I'm so sorry about your camera.

And what a clever guy to catch the thief of his camera!