Sunday, December 07, 2008

BOM: Questions and Answers


Here we go! 

Clyde asked:Ditto the question from Ruth. Having read and loved the series a few years back, I wonder whether the difference is in tightening as opposed to substantive changes in story line?

Loved the photos from your trip. You are an adventurous (adventuresome?) lady and I admire you for that! What fun to have a partner in these adventures. Did the rainforest remind you at all of the setting for The Canopy? Had you traveled to the Amazon before writing that book? Did you find more topics for future books on this trip? Am I asking too many questions? 

LOL.  The "refreshing" involved nothing more than cutting out unnecessary words.  "He stood" instead of "He stood to his feet."  I write a lot tighter these days.  The story wasn't changed at all. 

And did the Central American rain forest remind me of "The Canopy?" Yes, very much.  Did I travel to the Amazon before writing "The Canopy?" Yes, I spent a week in the Peruvian part of the rain forest--fished for pirhana, the whole nine yards. Did I find topics for future books on this trip?  I went with two books in mind, and yes, I learned things that I'll definitely use in those books.  And no, you can never ask too many questions!  :-)  

Jan asked if I will "refresh" the Keepers of the Ring series--yes, but only if and when another publisher wants to buy and publish them again.  

Kathy asked if THE DEBT and THE JUSTICE have been BOMs--yes.  THE DEBT can be found under June 07, and THE JUSTICE can be found under Feb. 07.  

Off to bake a cake.  (Really!) 

Thanks for coming along for another BOM! 

~~Angie 

5 comments:

Patsy Clairmont said...

I love hearing how things work and how one prepares and moves forward on projects. I often wonder when reading someone's work how did they think of this premise, how many rewrites did it take, if they had another chance would they write it differently, and so on.

Answers can inspire results. I like that. Alot.

Mocha with Linda said...

I love these BOMs!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for answering all of our questions.
jan

Kristine dB said...

I too would love to see the Keepers of the Ring series back! And The Proposal - that's one that I never got a chance to read, let alone buy, and it doesn't seem to be around any more.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the answers, Angie. I surely appreciate it. I do wish I was as brimful of stories as you, then I could entertain myself. In the meantime, thanks for your efforts in keeping me entertained! =) Clyde