Thursday, December 11, 2008

A short film worth watching.


First, I'd like to thank you for your kind condolences and your prayers.  I'll be heading over to my parents' house today for the funeral tomorrow, and your prayers are so appreciated.  

Last week I pre-wrote a few blogs to keep them coming. And I can't help feeling that this one is appropriate for today: 

Got 15 minutes?  You need to watch this short film.     I was bawling like a baby by the end, thinking of all the ways you could interpret this--what if we "validated" others in Jesus' name?  

Whenever we gripe and moan about how the world is antagonistic toward God, maybe what they're antagonist about is what they've seen in unsmiling Christians.  A friend of mine says that no one will ever turn down hope or help, and we Christians have plenty of both to share. 

So enjoy the video . . . and let me know what you think! 

Smile!

Angie

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

You are Great! You are amazing! I am praying for you and your family.

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh that was so sweet! I didn't think I would watch the whole thing and it caught me.

You are so special, Angie. There's no one like you! I've had you on my heart today.

Anonymous said...

Just what I needed to watch today! :)

Can't wait to pick up my kids from school and tell them how AWESOME they are!

Hubby, too.

Thanks for sharing, Angie. And, by the way, you are an AMAZING author! Just finished The Face. The ending was quite unexpected!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, uplifting and inspiring film. I've always felt a smile and a little bit of praise goes a long way, and many times we're not even aware of the impact it has.
I found this film especially appropriate based on the fact that I heard on the national news last night that it's no longer permitted to smile for your drivers license in the state of Indiana! How can it be wrong to SMILE!
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Tom Dulaney said...

There is something unlovely about so many Christians, I am sad to note of fellow believers. While they find it easy to be all smiles with those they know, when it comes to mingling with strangers in public--or even in the back pews on Sunday--the "game face" goes on. My family calls it the "trout face"--corners of the mouth sternly turned down, lips pinched.
Smiling first, speaking first, offering the "hello" first always lights them up. Too bad they are too polite or too reserved to be the fire starter more often.
An odd duck at our church, I go out of my way to talk to the snarling teenager with metal piercings, the sleepy Mom trailing two kids and in search of a coffee, the harried Mexican laborer unsure of who he should look in the eye at the local convenience store.
With rarely an exception, my greeting always wins a smile and friendly comment from the person, at least.

Tip for other Christians: Once you start talking to people first, and experience the joy you give them by recognizing their existence, their response is so warm and wonderful that you get hooked on doing it more.