Tuesday, December 23, 2008
LAST CALL for the big bookbag giveaway--I'll hold the drawing on Christmas Eve!
I want to give away a big bookbag filled with books (all different titles), but I've been trying to come up with a unique way to do it--a way that will benefit as many people as possible. So this is what I've come up with. :-)
I'm planning to give away an official bookbag from the Mt. Dora library, home to the Fairlawn Funeral home, of course. I will fill it with as many Angela Hunt titles as it will hold, including an advance reader's copy of the yet-to-be-released SHE'S IN A BETTER PLACE, aka Fairlawn #3.
In order to be entered in the drawing, you need to do these things.
2. Now go here and look at all the things you could give someone else for Christmas. I know money is tight for nearly everyone this year, but you could help another family for as little as five Starbucks coffees. :-)
3. Now--you don't have to give anything in order to be entered in the drawing. But people who write and tell me that they gave SOMETHING (anything) through www.heifer.org will be entered in the drawing TWENTY TIMES. :-) If you have given something through another charitable organization (like Samaritan's Purse or World Vision), I'll enter you ten times.
4. To be entered in the drawing, go here and leave a note in the "send an email" box. Include the word "contest" somewhere in the message so I'll know you're not just dropping a note to say hi. ;-) If you gave something through Heifer.org, be sure to let me know. Please, only one entry per person. I'll put in the extra entries for the heifer donations.
5. The bookbag will contain 2 copies of each title--one for you, and one for you to donate to your church library or public library.
6. Finally, I'll hold the drawing on Christmas Eve and announce the winner after Christmas. The winner will need to send me her mailing address.
Got it? Sorry to make this a wee bit complicated, but I wanted to spread the joy as much as possible.
Best to you!
P.S. I've already heard from so many of you who are gathering your pennies, nickels, and dimes to give something from heifer.org--bees, chicks, goats, rabbits. I feel like we're outfitting Noah's Ark! :-)