Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Be a Princess!


Have you read the books (or seen the movies) that are part of The Princess Diaries?  Meg Cabot created the books, and though I haven't read them, I thought the movies were delightful.  

She is about to complete the "princess" series, and to commemorate the conclusion, an online auction will run this month, with the proceeds to benefit teen programs at the New York Public Library's 87 branches. 

What are they auctioning off?  Tiaras, naturally!  The list of people who have designed tiaras for the auction includes Julie Andrews, Vera Wang, Tommy Hilfiger, Lauren Conrad, Julianne Moore, aNicole Miller, Chris Van Allsburg, and Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece.  You can participate in the auction by visiting here.  

Come on, check out a tiara!  You know you want one!  Doesn't every woman?  :-) 

~~Angie

11 comments:

Terri L. Gillespie said...

Sorry, it smooshes my hair. I need hair extension, then the tiara.

sara said...

okay, some of those are down right ugly!!! But I give kudos to the "T-hair-a" for uniqueness.

I like the one with the buttons from the princess of Greece!

Kay Day said...

I love Meg Cabot's and Sabrina Bryan's. Vera Wang's is pretty too. I like sparkly.

Some of them are not exactly what I expected!!

But yes. Yes, I would love to be a princess and have a tiara! Can't now though. Saving money for writing conferences!

Anonymous said...

I would bid on both the "T-Hair-A"s simply because my younger granddaughter WAS Eloise for several months following Halloween in 2007. The only part of her costume that was rawther out of synch was her hair. This would rectify the situation! Clyde

Angela said...

Someone should invent a quiz--what kind of princess are you? --based on which crown you like best. :-) I think I prefer Nicole Miller's, or Austin Scarlett's, but WITHOUT that funky feather.

At least there's something for everyone!

Angie

Lora B said...

Those are so fun! But I have to agree that some of them are not at all pretty! Very interesting. And I love that quiz idea. :) Have a great day, everyone!

Anonymous said...

"At least there's something for everyone!" Well said, Angela!

What a fun idea...and why not the funkier the better!

I like your quiz idea too!

Anonymous said...

i love "the princess diaries!"
jan

Anonymous said...

Would I spend money on a tiara just to have one designed by a famous person? Uh...I think groceries, gas, taxes, utility bills and your next book are at the top of MY list, Angie!

Caitriona said...

No, not every woman wants one. Sorry girls even though this tomboy grew into a woman, there are still some girly things that do not appeal to me.

Leslie said...

Did anyone else notice that the only person who put a "value" on their tiara was Tommy Hilfiger - at a whooping $1000.

Wow.

It'll be interesting to see what the winning bids are.