Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lord, Save us From Your Followers

Last night hubby and I watched a movie by Dan Merchant--"Lord, Save Us from Your Followers." I didn't quite know what to expect, and was wary of watching a movie that made light of evangelical preachers, etc., but found the film quite touching, enlightening, and convicting. In fact, I think I may have picked up a really good novel idea from watching it!

I didn't agree with everything in it--seeing my former pastor as Frankenstein was painful, and a couple of comments made me cringe--but the main point--that we need to stop arguing with the world and start demonstrating Christ's love--is a good one.

So add the movie to your Netflix queue now-- "Lord, Save Us From your Followers." The following is a clip: (If you don't see a video clip, click on the link and you can watch the clip on the site).


~~Angie






Get Adobe Flash player


2 comments:

Angela said...

The online movie wasn't working this morning, but it's working now! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Wow! The trailer seems to express what I've been feeling for years...that Christians need to change a few things in order to be a relevent light in today's society. I don't mean that they should change their belief that Jesus is Lord and that we are sinners in need of a Redeemer. But the current Christian attitude toward the rest of the world seems to be questionable(?). It's kind of hard to put into words but it sounds like this film has done it for me. Methinks I need to see it...pronto!

Thanks for letting us know about this, Angie.