Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Real Estate Front



I think I've mentioned on this blog that we have our house on the market. I have decorated and decluttered and painted and painted again. I've watched HGTV until my hubby is sick of hearing those familiar voices. I have tried every trick in the book and am *this* far from calling in Tonya Meme or one of those other TV stagers (as if they would come here to sell my house).

In the mean time, the abandoned house we're trying to buy has been suffering its own trials. We placed a bid on it, the house went up for auction, the sheriff's auction got cancelled, our short sale paperwork got cancelled, we started all over again and counted it as a blessing because now we have more time to sell our house. But in the mean time, the poor house has suffered. I know that roaches are running rampant and breeding like . . . well, roaches--and you can see from the pictures that a glass door has been smashed AND two adorable ducks have taken up residence in the pond . . . er, swimming pool. (Yes, that is black water).

All to say that IF we sell our house and IF we managed to get this house with loads of potential, my Saturdays will be filled for the next couple of years!

~Angie

7 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh the headaches of buying and selling!

Knowing you, it will not take that long for you to get it all whipped into shape!

Unknown said...

I love the pool! I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Unknown said...

Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but I just read something the other day and immediately thought of you. The article was about areas of the country where real estate transactions were nearly nil...it was part of a series on the messed up economy. Unfortunately, the worst area for people wanting to sell a home was the Tampa Bay, FL area!! So I said a prayer for you. From the looks of things, you really could use them!

Angela said...

Thank you, Ruthie--prayers are appreciated!

Angie

Candy said...

We've been trying to sell my mom's rental house for almost a year. Just spent big bucks on it and have had only one showing since. It's discouraging.

Leslie said...

You know I bet those reality shows would actually JUMP at the chance of having a multi-published author on their show.

Lisa said...

Our house has been on the marker for almost 10 months. Problem is, we're still LIVING in it! With 3 kids and a dog, keeping it clean is nearly impossible. I guess empty or full, a house is tough to sell right now.