Monday, May 04, 2009

BOM: The Writing


Writing "The Note 2" was in some ways easier and in some ways harder than usual.

It was easier because the characters were already in my head and the plot was already laid out for me.

It was harder for the same reasons. :-)

I was able to elaborate some--for purposes of clarification, to deepen characterization, to add a deeper spiritual component--but I didn't think it'd be right or necessary to take the story off on a tangent.

A certain fact about Peyton's previous marriage comes out in the movie script--a development I hadn't considered and probably wouldn't have considered. I could see why the screenwriter added it--to add conflict, the root of all drama--but it wasn't the sort of "unexpected"plot twist I would have added. (LOL--I would have probably given someone a rare and fatal brain disease. Just kidding.)

In any case, the project was enjoyable and I am pleased with the final result. I hope you enjoy the book, too.

Tomorrow: summary thoughts.

~~Angie

2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I had been trying to remember what was in the first book about Peyton's first husband!

Sue said...

I loved The Note when I read it years & years ago. I look forward to reading this one too! We just bought the movie a month or two ago!