Wednesday, March 04, 2009

BOM: the Writing
























My "Kindle 2" arrived on Monday--and my first thought, after taking it out of the cardboard box, was that it looked like it was ready for the microwave! But there it is, all sleek and shiny. Now I can upload my own manuscripts to the Kindle, take it on a trip, and let the Kindle read it to me!

Back to the BOM: the writing of SHE'S IN A BETTER PLACE. I don't really recall any particular problems with this project--the writing flowed pretty much as it should. I knew the characters very well by that point, so it was hard for them to surprise me. :-)

I do remember that I was almost finished when I realized that I'd written a very similar story in Fairlawn #2: Jen trying to reconcile estranged father and daughter. Same story as THE NOTE, actually. Goodness, do you see a theme? I think I am driven to tell that story because so many women are estranged from their heavenly fathers . . . .

In any case, by the time I finished the book I knew I'd brought the plot arcs, big and small, to completion. I'm not the type to keep a series going for the heck of it, and I was ready to move on to something else.

Tomorrow: the editing

~~Angie

5 comments:

Terri L. Gillespie said...

Huh. The kindle is much bigger than I thought. Somehow I imagined it to be the size of an IPod or something.

SmilingSally said...

I'd love to test drive a Kindle; I'm leery of them because of the stiff format.

You're series ended exactly where it should. I appreciate that you don't pad a story with repetition.

Mocha with Linda said...

I can see the new term now - instead of kindred spirits, it will be Kindled spirits when 2 friends have them! LOL

This is making me want to go back and read the whole Fairlawn series again from start to finish! I love having a completed series and not having to wait a year between installments.

And your casket story yesterday is too funny. I knew the general answer didn't know the details. I am waaaay too claustrophobic to even think about doing that!

Anonymous said...

I got my Kindle 2 on Friday. I'd been hesitant to buy it because I do love holding an actual book in my hands. But I LOVE it. Love it. Small enough to be convenient but the screen size is big enough to be readable. The only "downside" for me so far is the biggest upside -- I can download books anytime, anywhere!

Leslie said...

The only way I could see wanting a Kindle right now is if I were to see one, hold one, try to read off of one. I'd be so hesitant to get one before then.