Friday, March 20, 2009

Congratulations to the Gerke family!




My friend Jeff and his wife, Robin, are in China at this moment, picking up their new daughter, Sophie. This is a video of their first meeting--which, I believe, took place on Jeff's birthday!

The photo is of our first meeting with OUR daughter, who had just arrived from Korea . . . the same emotions, I'm sure, even though our meeting took place more than 20 years ago.

Congratulations Jeff and Robin! (Yes, this is Jeff Gerke, the novelist who writes as Jefferson Scott.)

~~Angie

6 comments:

Terri L. Gillespie said...

So precious. Little Sophie is blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Suzanne said...

That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

SmilingSally said...

We have a friend who has an adopted Chinese granddaughter.

Mocha with Linda said...

Sweet, sweet video.

And I love the picture of your adoption!

Anonymous said...

Oh I have been praying. Thank you Jesus.

eformanator said...

God bless this family