Thursday, March 12, 2009

Live Loved Photography


I "met" Doni Brinkman several years ago through email. Doni and I are both adoptive parents, and Doni takes a strong stand for life--particularly in the area of stem cell research. In fact, you may remember that I mentioned her in a newspaper blog not long ago--here's the link, if you missed it.

Anyway, I was at Doni's website the other day and saw that she has started a business. She's always been an incredible photographer--I mean, REALLY good--and now she's doing photography and portraiture. You can check out her work here and here. (Look at those beautiful portraits she paints from photographs. Getting any ideas?)

And be SURE to watch the video of Doni and her family meeting baby Tori for the first time. I sat in my chair and just blubbered when I saw it. God is so great--and so wonderful to bring families together in myriad ways. :-)

Blessings to you and yours, Doni. And to all of you.

~~Angie


5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I didn't know you had adopted. Have you ever written about this experience. I agree that life is precious and that God has a place for every child.

Mocha with Linda said...

What a gifted photographer - gorgeous photographs. And such beautiful paintings with such a unique technique.

The video is precious. I was especially touched watching the daddy's tender care & love.

Anonymous said...

My computer won't let me download the Silverlight software, but from what I saw of her paintings they are breathtakingly beautiful. And the video left tracks of tears on my cheeks. We finally have some rainy days in San Antonio, and I have just finished "She's in a Better Place" and am now playing catch-up with your recent BOM blog entries. What a wonderful ending to this trilogy. More tracks of tears! Clyde

Doni Brinkman said...

Thank you Angie! :)

heidi jo said...

you KNOW i love that girl AND her work. :)