Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Fish Story


You may not believe this story, but I promise it's true.  I only wish I'd grabbed my camera and snapped the proof. 

A couple of days ago my hubby was across the street talking to my neighbor.  Before I go any further, you need to know that we live about a mile from the beach and about five miles from a big freshwater lake.  

Anyway, my neighbor told my husband that he'd found a fish in his swimming pool.  When Gary told me, I wasn't terribly surprised--I often find little frog eggs in our pool, and they turn into tadpoles if left alone.  But no, this wasn't a wee little tadpole--this was a big fish, about a foot long.  Furthermore, the big fish had scratch marks on his back. 

They figured that an eagle or some other large bird must have scooped up, grabbed the fish, and flown away with it.  The flopping fish must have worked his way free and free-fallen into our neighbor's pool.  LOL!  Can you imagine the splash?  

So Henry, our neighbor, took the fish out of his pool and put it in the retention pond in our neighborhood.  I only hope it was a freshwater fish, or he may not last very long.  At least he'll like the pond better than a chlorinated pool.  :-)  

Have a great day . . . and watch out for falling fish!

~~Angie 

7 comments:

Terri L. Gillespie said...

Too wild! Love this.

Mocha with Linda said...

Better a fish than a gator!

SmilingSally said...

I live in Florida, and I believe it!

Ginger said...

Wow, what are the odds of that? Sounds like the "unfortunately...fortunately" story genre that I used to tell my little students about!

eformanator said...

You are right, I can hardly believe it but I can picture it and all I can say is "that is one fortunate fish". WOw.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in from the Mariner of the Seas. Learning lots of things so I can better answer questions about the cruise in January with Angie and Lori.

Suzanne said...

That's one lucky fish!