Monday, July 12, 2010

The Great Southern Train Tour


A repeat announcement that I'll soon be boarding the train and may be coming your way! If you can join us at a Starbucks, we'd love to see you1

I have decided to set my next novel on a train (I'm always up for an adventure). And because I have never traveled on a train, my cousin and I are leaving in mid-July for a ten-day train trip through the south, hitting all the major Southern seacoast cities: D.C., Williamsburg, Charleston, Savannah, and Jacksonville. I'll be doing research, having fun, and taking loads of pictures.

But while I was thinking about the trip, I thought it might be nice to meet some folks along the way. But because I want to keep our schedule fairly free--because you never know what might come up--I didn't want to do anything too complicated.

So my pal Nancy suggested Starbucks--every city seems to have one. So I'm going to pop into several Starbucks, and if you live nearby, I'd love for you to drop by so I can say hello, maybe sign your books if you want, and snap a picture.

So here's the schedule--and I hope you can make it!

Starbucks Stops

D.C. Area, July 16th 3-4 p.m.

Starbucks at

800 7th Street NW, suite 305

Washington, DC

202 289-1576

Williamsburg, VA, July 18, 3-4 p.m.

Starbucks at Marketplace Shoppes

4655 Monticello Avenue, #103

Williamsburg, VA

757 564-1029

Charleston Area, July 20, 3-4 p.m.

Starbucks at International Blvd and Bentonville

5060 International Blvd.

North Charleston, SC

843-745-9424

Savannah, GA, July 22, 3-4 p.m.

Starbucks at

Twelve Oaks

5500 Abercorn St.

Suite 33

Savannah, GA

912 355-3780

Jacksonville, July 23, 7 -8 p.m.

Starbucks at

1980 San marco Blvd.

Jacksonville, FL

904-398-8383


7 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I think this sounds like such fun!

CreativeDayCafe said...

What a great adventure! Working title for the novel to come?

Kay Day said...

Fun! I love trains. I've travelled twice between here and KC. Not the most scenic trip--but it's a night trip so it doesn't much matter. Still I loved it!

Melinda Evaul said...

Sounds like great fun. Wish I lived near one of the Starbucks. I love to ride the Chattanooga local to Chickamauga or to Copper Hill. Great day trips. Happy researching.

Linda G said...

My husband and younger daughter once took the train from Portland, OR to Los Angeles. The train was suppose to get into LA at 9pm, it arrived at 5am the next day. Along the way the dining car ran out of food. Once they got to LA they were going to stay at the train station until they were sure that the subway was running, but because they did not have tickets for another train they were kicked out of Union Station. Because of that trip I refuse to take the train any further than Seattle, a three hour trip. And I travel with food.

Deborah said...

ahhh you're going to be in DC!!!! i'm interning at the Smithsonian this summer (well i live in the area anyways) and i'm trying to fix my schedule so i can be there. *fingers crossed*

Anonymous said...

The best train ride of my life would have to be on the "Chunnel" from England to Paris.
The only train fiction I can remember reading (other than way too many Thomas the Train books) is Agatha Christie's
Murder on the Orient Express. Time for me to read a new one...I'll be looking for yours next year!